Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: The official CSP_inferno bug thread

@mith

Well if you watched the youtube video i uploaded, i showed that it is possible. I know everything isnt going to be perfect since its a beta, its still underworks and any newer version of the game you wont have the same replicas. But when top teams have been using these flashes for years, wouldnt you think they have at least kept this in mind when making the map?

@general audience

obviously everyone is at a disadvantage. i just want to know if this will be addressed and looked into in later stages of development and if not, i should start studying the map again and come up with better ways to counter with the same element of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchninja
    @mith

Well if you watched the youtube video i uploaded, i confirmed myself that it is possible. I know everything isnt going to be perfect since its a beta, its still underworks and any newer version of the game you wont have the same replicas. But when top teams have been using these flashes for years, wouldnt you think they have at least kept this in mind when making the map?
    I do believe that they have taken it into account. It's just that when it comes to this you simply can't mimic everything. If you try to do something based on getting a single aspect just right, the accuracy of a few others will be jeopardized. And when it comes to mapping this is worse than coding and other stuff, because no matter how much you tweak and change things, it's a different engine, and the way things collide/bounce/interact with the world is gonna be different, even if slightly, and things like these that depend on really small details probably won't work as efficiently.

Also if they kept focusing on reproducing every little bit of the maps so things like flashes and smokes work exactly like 1.6, it'd be an endless process, as new requests would keep coming up (some even conflicting with others). There will be complaining, there will be nagging, but in the end of the day it's just so minor that people will adapt, and find new ways of playing aggressive, it's not like it's gonna bring pushing to an end .

You can take CS's updates as an example. In the days when updates brought changes to maps like aztec, inferno and a few others (and not just in maps! but also in much more important stuff like recoil patterns, or introduction of new guns), there was major nagging from a lot of people claiming it would hurt competitive play, that they should revert them, that people would stop playing; but ultimately people just adapted to it. Those who dominated in 1.5 went on to still dominate in 1.6 and the scene was fairly the same. Fact is, people who are really skilled at this game will always find workarounds and new creative ways to play and overcome their opponents, and if a few details go away, it's a price we have to pay for a game with a brighter future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchninja
    @mith

Well if you watched the youtube video i uploaded, i confirmed myself that it is possible. I know everything isnt going to be perfect since its a beta, its still underworks and any newer version of the game you wont have the same replicas. But when top teams have been using these flashes for years, wouldnt you think they have at least kept this in mind when making the map?
    I do believe that they have taken it into account. It's just that when it comes to this you simply can't mimic everything. If you try to do something based on getting a single aspect just right, the accuracy of a few others will be jeopardized. And when it comes to mapping this is worse than coding and other stuff, because no matter how much you tweak and change things, it's a different engine, and the way things collide/bounce/interact with the world is gonna be different, even if slightly, and things like these that depend on really small details probably won't work as efficiently.

Also if they kept focusing on reproducing every little bit of the maps so things like flashes and smokes work exactly like 1.6, it'd be an endless process, as new requests would keep coming up (some even conflicting with others). There will be complaining, there will be nagging, but in the end of the day it's just so minor that people will adapt, and find new ways of playing aggressive, it's not like it's gonna bring pushing to an end .

You can take CS's updates as an example. In the days when updates brought changes to maps like aztec, inferno and a few others (and not just in maps! but also in much more important stuff like recoil patterns, or introduction of new guns), there was major nagging from a lot of people claiming it would hurt competitive play, that they should revert them, that people would stop playing; but ultimately people just adapted to it. Those who dominated in 1.5 went on to still dominate in 1.6 and the scene was fairly the same. Fact is, people who are really skilled at this game will always find workarounds and new creative ways to play and overcome their opponents, and if a few details go away, it's a price we have to pay for a game with a brighter future.
    For the most part we are on the same page and agree. I just want to know if the rooftop lips will stay as is or not.
    Also, they did a good job recreating the grenade arcs even if it was the HL2 engine. its just the nade bounce that seems weird but it still lands in the general area where it supposed to compared to 1.6

Contributor/Tester

Overal frames per seccond are drastically lower than on other maps. I get 40-60 fps on the open, and 110 or more inside while i get almost constant 100 fps on other maps.
    Niedoświadczeni nazywali kulturą to, co było częścią ich zniewolenia
    ~Anonymous

Narˇd, ktˇry nie szanuje swojej przeszłości, nie zasługuje na szacunek teraźniejszości i nie ma prawa do przyszłości.
    ~Jˇzef Piłsudski

Quote Originally Posted by free
    Overal frames per seccond are drastically lower than on other maps. I get 40-60 fps on the open, and 110 or more inside while i get almost constant 100 fps on other maps.
    Me too with NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512MB, 4GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by free
    Yes, me too.
    Walking on C2 i get only 40-50 fps, thats awful.
    In other spots of the map 70-100 fps and its lower than in d2, train and nuke. I've not played csp_season yet.

i honestly dont see the problem in making that spot in the map the same angle as in 1.6. this isnt anything to do with engine mechanics, lmfao, its all about angles

simply replace the edge with an angled slant and we're all happy. no need to half ass on things like this.
    DERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDE RPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERP

QA / Moderator

If bringing back those spots is possible and isn't affected by the engine then they should be implanted. IMO, those flashes are really important for competitive play, players have used it for years (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcG2pJL ... r_embedded ) therefore I see no reason why they angles shouldn't be changed to match the 1.6 ones unless if it's not possible because of the source engine.

@as for the fps issue on csp_inf

Yeah if you look at a couple of the csp screeneshots i have, you notice that looking away from the majority of the map i get ~240 fps. if lets say im in the middle, i get ~140fps. so i get a 100 fps dfference?...

@my issue i brought up

i agree with greg as well, just flush the roof tips with the wall,heighten the roofs a little, and lessen the angle (in comparison with the x and y axis of course). this wont make the grenade banking arc so high and it will still travel under 3 seconds knowing that they recreated the arcs almost on the spot. like mith has said, theres always room to improvise but youre taking away some options swift players like GTR, cyx (mouz), n0thing (EG) do commonly. personally GTR is one of my favorites because hes so fast with his movements and aiming

1) When you go up the ladder on inferno and you crouch in heaven you can get stuck under the roof(s)
    2) also right under heaven to the right there is a lamp, if you jump ontop of the lamp you can also get stuck under a roof

3) for de_nuke when you go into rafters and go across to the middle brown part with light, then you try to jump to the very top of it you get blocked, in 1.6 you could jump up there