Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: The official CSP_dust2 bug thread

I see some rock models disappear if I'm far enough. it's a field of view problem.
    like on d2 :
    http://i45.tinypic.com/vymryh.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/20afb41.jpg

you can do an option in video tab, like tf2 Field of View :
    http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/20133000/n ... 0c0e72.jpg
    or increase the distance on d2.

its not a FOV problem, its a LOD problem (level of detail) the rocks on the map disappear to help with FPS, but it was just set slightly too small, easy fix.
    FOV is how wide of an angle you can see in the game, CS looks quite weird over 90 (default_fov 90).
    asdasdasd

These are the bugs I've found so far:
    1.) Bombsite B can be seen from T spawn by boosting.
    2.) Bombs can be planted outside of Bombsite A on the ground. (On A ramp side and on CT ramp in that corner)
    3.) You can boost on wall ledges in mid above the exit of lower tunnels.
    4.) You can boost onto the wall above the large box at long (where the white and red cars were in CS:S)
    5.) You can boost on wall ledges above CT ramp next to Bombsite A.
    6.) You can boost on wall ledges at long.
    7.) You can boost up onto the high ledge above CT spawn to watch mid doors.
    8.) You can boost on the doublestack box at Cat and then boost again onto the wall to the left of it.
    9.) You can boost up to the top of the long connector door.
    10.) You can boost onto a slanted spot at T spawn just above the lower shady part of T spawn.
    11.) You can boost on the high box outside of long connector (near yellow car in CS:S) with like 7 people and actually see long and gay anyone that's there.
    12.) The bomb can be planted in B Bombsite behind a crooked green box that's against the wall. (This probably isn't an exploit but the bomb cannot be seen unless you come to back of Bombsite B. Just kind of a really gay spot to plant.)

That's all that I found. Maybe some of these boost spots were put there on purpose, but they make competitive play harder. because you can get gayed from a lot of wierd spots. Please fix these exploits so gameplay can be fair.

You do realize a lot of those were actually in 1.6 right?

E.g. Wall above large box at long, wall ledges in mid above lower tunnels, doublestack boxes at cat. Those are just simple typical 1.6 boosts. It's part of the gameplay.

Of course stuff that allows you to see through the skybox obviously are bugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldsmod
    2.) Bombs can be planted outside of Bombsite A on the ground. (On A ramp side and on CT ramp in that corner)
    4.) You can boost onto the wall above the large box at long (where the white and red cars were in CS:S)
    8.) You can boost on the doublestack box at Cat and then boost again onto the wall to the left of it.
    10.) You can boost onto a slanted spot at T spawn just above the lower shady part of T spawn.
    11.) You can boost on the high box outside of long connector (near yellow car in CS:S) with like 7 people and actually see long and gay anyone that's there.
    12.) The bomb can be planted in B Bombsite behind a crooked green box that's against the wall. (This probably isn't an exploit but the bomb cannot be seen unless you come to back of Bombsite B. Just kind of a really gay spot to plant.)

That's all that I found. Maybe some of these boost spots were put there on purpose, but they make competitive play harder. because you can get gayed from a lot of wierd spots. Please fix these exploits so gameplay can be fair.
    You do realize that 50% of those are also possible in 1.6?
    Anyway, try only mentioning the boosts that allow people seeing places they are not supposed to see, other ledge boosts only add to the maps gameplay, and makes the map more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by qUINZIe

You do realize that 50% of those are also possible in 1.6?
    Anyway, try only mentioning the boosts that allow people seeing places they are not supposed to see, other ledge boosts only add to the maps gameplay, and makes the map more exciting.
    I knew a few of them were but I don't play much 1.6 I don't care so much about the boosting spots but I was just noting that they could be done.

These have been around 1.6 for a long time and teams use these key things to catch the defense/offense off guard.
    #2 is legal in competition play.
    #3 if youre talking about the ledge with the slant in 1.6, thats used as well.
    #4 that is possible but i havent seen many international teams doing it because of its lack of recovery.
    #5 otherwise the cat ledge where you can peek long by jumping in in 1.6. personally the skybox i believe needs to be lowered to disallow jumping while crouched on that ledge
    #6 If youre talking about inside long, no you can't. unless you mean above the long A tunnel, occasionally some people boost up there but not as much as the Mid doors.
    #7 ^^^
    #8 In 1.6 theres a sky box above the first stack boxes you reach on cat. the only way you can get up that ledge above the stairs on the left is to do the following: bottom guy must create a small amount of running room for the guy on his head but at least doesnt allow him to fall. the top guy has to get a running start and the players will time the jumping accordingly. the top guy will crouch when needed to get on the ledge.
    #11 yes but rarely people even do it. id still implement it though for those who do use it.

My only issue is #1 only if you mean that you can see the bombsite B from boosting in T spawn. i believe in 1.6 the skybox is really low so you cant even do more than a double boost. but this is how i interpret what youre trying to explain

Ok here's a few that aren't "bugs" but just design errors:

1.)

When you're picking the the B window to B tunnel exit, the furthest piece of wall on the top right is supposed to be opaque BUT bullets should be permissible (as well as seeing player/enemy names when your crosshair is on them). If you go in to 1.6, you'll know what i mean.
    I sometimes found this to come in handy as I was able to receive more visual cover as well as being able to shoot through it at the same time.

2.)

I can't surf down the rock from B window pick for a speedy rotation.
    Also, I got glitched a couple times on top of this rock right near the end. My guess is that the bumpy rock interacts with players' feet instead of just appearing bumpy but not interacting.

3.)

This is a big one... The lips on tunnel entrances and exits have to be removed. It's those two little curves on each side of the mid-section of an entrance/exit. They've gotten be killed a few times now. Please remove them or make them smaller and player-clippable.

Btw 1 sshot can be better than 10lines of text...
    1.09 will be released before/around CS:GO's release date as there isn't all too much to finish off (contrary to Yuri's opinion) - Saul 6/7/2012