Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Which CS:S files are unused by the CSP server?

I'm trying to free up space since CS:S files take up quite a bit of space and I'm on a really small hard drive. But since CSP requires some files from CS:S, I don't feel too comfortable just randomly deleting stuff. Anyone know?

once in a while there actually is a good question!

I have no clue. I hope some DEV can look into this.
    men1kmati: 'when the fuck is this shit coming out...'
    CREDiBLE: 'I felt exactly the same way some weeks ago. Try Dulcolax, mate. Worked for me.'

Contributor/Tester
    I have no data about it for now but remember CSS is used as a base for CSP.

Each new/custom map can have CSS stuff added that was not used on standard maps. By removing unneeded CSS stuff youll disable the ability to use custom/new maps.

The same goes with other CSP features. Actually each new CSP version can request diffirent CSS files so the safest way is to keep them all instead of having a list changing after each update.

--- Update ---

So basicly we would have to ask each mapper which files are used from CSS.

However you can most definitely remove weapon models/sounds/materials of weapons that are not implemented in CSP. Also *.bsp map files from CSS are not needed unless you want to play them.

--- Update ---

Im not mentioning stuff like fonts, map descriptions, configs, interface scheme files etc. because these take very little or nearly no space at all.
    Niedoświadczeni nazywali kulturą to, co było częścią ich zniewolenia
    ~Anonymous

Naród, który nie szanuje swojej przeszłości, nie zasługuje na szacunek teraźniejszości i nie ma prawa do przyszłości.
    ~Józef Piłsudski

You can delete the whole CSS folder... CSP goes diretly to cspromod folder and if there isn't that file it goes to "counter strike shared.gcf" however which files are searched first in cspromod folder or if it diretly searchs on GCF is set by whitelist which is loaded when the server is with sv_pure 1....

I didn't really understand your explanation, but do you mean that I can delete (or rename) the entire orangebox/cstrike folder?

by the way, if sv_pure is 0, would it be possible to delete hl2/sound or will the server still need them for whatever reason?
    Last edited by wtflood; 04-19-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtflood View Post
    I didn't really understand your explanation, but do you mean that I can delete (or rename) the entire orangebox/cstrike folder?

by the way, if sv_pure is 0, would it be possible to delete hl2/sound or will the server still need them for whatever reason?
    You can delete the folder: Steam/Steamapps/YourAccount/Counter-Strike:Source.... at least that's what i got from my own experience cuz every file created is on the GCF which is used by CSP... however you could just rename it and teste CSP and if don't work rename back to the same name....

Contributor/Tester
    n3krO is wrong. He is reffering to Windows Steam Client game and not Linux based Dedicated Server. Linux Dedicated Server does not use gcf files.
    ~Anonymous

Naród, który nie szanuje swojej przeszłości, nie zasługuje na szacunek teraźniejszości i nie ma prawa do przyszłości.
    ~Józef Piłsudski

With sv_pure 0, I've been able to start srcds without hl2/sounds orangebox/cstrike/maps orangebox/cstrike/sounds/ orangebox/cstrike/materials/*/*.vtf

Oh lol, didn't see it was about the server xD My fault?

Contributor/Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by wtflood View Post
    With sv_pure 0, I've been able to start srcds without hl2/sounds orangebox/cstrike/maps orangebox/cstrike/sounds/ orangebox/cstrike/materials/*/*.vtf
    With sv_pure 0 you probably don't need any of the CSS files but remember you allow people to use the most basic cheats.

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by n3krO View Post
    My fault?
    Yes
    ~Anonymous

~Józef Piłsudski