Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Crosshair | Resolution

Crosshair:

So, cs1.6 might not have noticed this, but cspromod keeps the old style crosshair making it 50% transparent while spraying, lastly i'm playing css to see if there's something better than cs1.6 so we could implement it at csp and i've noticed that there the crosshair doesn't has this dynamic transparency, my idea is to make a new option on the CSPromod Option Tab so we can chose the Crosshair Transparency While Spraying between CS and CSS....

Have the posibility of have an out line on the crosshair

Cvar suggestion:
    cl_crosshair_outline_size 1~3 (pixels of the outline size)
    cl_crosshair_outline_color "R G B A"

And ofc it fades to 50% transparency if you want it with the crosshair

PS: daltonic ppl would require this :S

Resolution:

So, i've seen some months ago a post about the resolution diffrences between GoldenSource and Source engine, on Source engine we got more view while in widescreen:

Normal 1280x1024

Widescreen 1920x1080

I don't know if this is a full engine related or if the team can change this and make it look like:

(it's too on 1920x1080 but 1920 is mixed with 240x1080 black, 1440x1080 the game, 240x1080 black)

This would be changeable but instead of having a client cvar for this, that could be a server side cvar and requiring the server to changelevel to change to the new mode (like sv_pure 0/1/2), on pub the ppl could have the good looking 1920x1080 and on pcw the admins should block this to have the black sprites on the sides.... plus it should be forced to be activated on leagues so no1 has advantage...

cvar suggestion: sv_widescreen 0/1 (0 = black stripes on sides / 1 = normal one)

And have a client cvar that is ignored when sv_widescreen is 1 so that ppl who like the black stripes can use it even without the server forcing them to.

cvar suggestion: cl_widescreen_ratio 0/1 (0 = black stripes which means 4:3 ratio / 1 = normal widescreens which means 16:9 and 16:10 ratio)
    Last edited by n3krO; 03-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    majkool's work:
    [MOD] Cs1.6, CSS and "New" | AWP Scopes
    [MOD] Scoreboard With 1.6 Style
    [CONCEPT] Scoreboard

WildBeast's work:
    [CONCEPT] Menu and Scoreboard GUI

"Don't worry, we will update graphics and animations. As a particular human being would say" - n69ky

"No, cs 1.6 isn`t dead, but undead. It`s head is off and it still beats GO at popularity." - pRopaaNS

I mentioned i've seen those posts... i'm just giving a solution as them felt like death and i don't like the solution of forcing "r_aspectratio 1.3333" cuz make the game look really weird ...

(also i'm using the post of crosshair suggestion to suggest the aspect ratio solution at same time so it's not consired double post)
    majkool's work:
    [CONCEPT] Scoreboard

WildBeast's work:

"Don't worry, we will update graphics and animations. As a particular human being would say" - n69ky

"No, cs 1.6 isn`t dead, but undead. It`s head is off and it still beats GO at popularity." - pRopaaNS

Yeah, I know, want to keep other threads in similar for new members

1280:1024 , working in 1280:720 - with black stripes .

Quote Originally Posted by MCkubbe View Post
    1280:1024 , working in 1280:720 - with black stripes .
    Yeah, now a days screen got that option and i love it, cuz i can keep things well scaled while in 4:3 resolution like the ones i use at CS1.6 and Commandos 2 (and CSP cuz i get a more cs1.6 feeling)...

However, for those who havn't that option on the screen, will have 16:9 aspect ratio with 4:3 FOV View...

--- Update ---

Scaled 1:2

SS should be taken with same height, 1280x720 = 960x720 + 160x720 on each sides which results on 33,33% more visibility on each side....

--- Update ---

added another thing at first post:

And have a client cvar that is ignored when sv_widescreen is 1 so that ppl who like the black stripes can use it even without the server forcing them to.

cvar suggestion: cl_widescreen_ratio 0/1 (0 = black stripes which means 4:3 ratio / 1 = normal widescreens which means 16:9 and 16:10 ratio)
    Last edited by n3krO; 03-14-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    majkool's work:
    [CONCEPT] Scoreboard

WildBeast's work:

^
    |
    |
    Possible good idea.

Letter Boxes = Black stripes.
    Official CSPromod Mumble:
    IP: 193.27.193.4
    Port: 40000
    ----------------------------
    Join #cspromod @ QuakeNet to find gathers/mixes/scrims/PUGS/whateverthefuckyoucallthem
    Join #cspromod @ GameSurge to talk to the developers of CSPromod
    ----------------------------
    Send all your business propositions to: alex@myeg.net

little bit offtopic here: But unfortunately i am one of those kids who has problems with distinguishing brown and green shades so i would love a two color crosshair. e.g. white with a fine black line around it

added another thing at first post:

Have the posibility of have an out line on the crosshair

Cvar suggestion:
    cl_crosshair_outline_size 1~3 (pixels of the outline size)
    cl_crosshair_outline_color "R G B A"

And ofc it fades to 50% transparency if you want it with the crosshair

PS: daltonic ppl would require this :S
    majkool's work:
    [CONCEPT] Scoreboard

WildBeast's work: