Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Here's my revision 4. Tomorrow I'll make it final with the feedback I'll get today. Then move on to other secret things I can't tell you about.

Revision 4

I think I've added all the things you could ever need, fixed a lot of other things and I think it's getting really close now. I'm not really sure about the orange for the spectated person and I'm starting to think I should scrap the idea altogether or just put like an icon before or after the name or something, I'll try something new tomorrow.

Mini-overview test

Here's a little test I'm doing with the overview, I was thinking of adding an icon to do something like "CLOSE / OPEN / ZOOM" so you could have it be closed, opened at a small size or zoomed out at a size that'd fit all the space you have between the top bar and the names on the sides, we'll see.

Anyways, that's all from me for now. Tomorrow I'll do the final edits on the base CSPTV concept and wrap it up, thanks for helping out! I hope I can do more things like this in the future and take as much input as I can from the community (as well as stealing the awesome ideas obviously, buwhahahaha!).

The multicolored hp bar looks stupid. It somehow clutters the hud. Somehow...

Maybe if you had it start on green and when you lost enough hp it could change to yellow, then red.
    Last edited by Vainglory; 02-04-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    "It can't! ... Sourcejesus won't allow that! " - n69ky
    "! ! ! ! ! engrish is not your optimal language ! " - n69ky

It's not a HP bar at all. It's the armor bar. The coloring is the same used in the popular streaming gui and I thought I'd use it like it was. I tried a simple color but then again with blue and red on each side it could be kind of hit and miss. That's why I just reused the multicolored one instead.

On that note, off to bed, will read all the comments tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    It's not a HP bar at all. It's the armor bar. The coloring is the same used in the popular streaming gui and I thought I'd use it like it was. I tried a simple color but then again with blue and red on each side it could be kind of hit and miss. That's why I just reused the multicolored one instead.

On that note, off to bed, will read all the comments tomorrow.
    Ohhh, I see. Well still, it seems to clutter it a bit. imo.

Still, maybe you could have it start at green then go yellow then red. But idk... I'm not a gui concept artist...
    Last edited by Vainglory; 02-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    It's not a HP bar at all. It's the armor bar. The coloring is the same used in the popular streaming gui and I thought I'd use it like it was.
    its good.

this is the best so far!
    the only thing i have to mention is the orange HP Bar (alba)
    it should be blue but i dont really know why you colored it orange
    yes yes yoa

I like the newest design. But I don't think the orange is quite the right color. And the new green to red health bar is cool, but what's the point of having two health bars on there? Another thing, the top middle piece with the score and timer, you should make something more.... fancy.

A toggable map is a good idea. Overall, It's awesome! A few more fixes and I think it'll be perfect. Good Job!

Edit: Sorry, didn't read about the green to red thing being an armor bar. Ehh... Armor bar isn't very necessary in my opinion.
    Last edited by element13; 02-04-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Looking really good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Ohhh, I see. Well still, it seems to clutter it a bit. imo.

Still, maybe you could have it start at green then go yellow then red. But idk... I'm not a gui concept artist...
    Would make no sense, red signals danger and green OK. Why would you switch the two around?

Orange for the person you spectate doesn't feel right for me either. But a small icon to the left of the bar could be great. Like an arrow or so.

I agree it seems slightly cluttered, but I mainly feel its because the weapons are hovering outside the bars.
    Maybe something in the range of:

Quote Originally Posted by aston View Post
    Would make no sense, red signals danger and green OK. Why would you switch the two around?
    Not what I meant. The entire bar would be green. It would turn yellow once your armor got low, then red when it's really low... But I don't even think an armor bar should be there.

very good job, alba! about the HP bar, I think it need show the player HP in NUMBERS too, to extremely precision.
    About the armor bar its a good idea, but this one needs even more show exactly what matters.. the number of bullets in use, and the reserve. sorry for the bad english, my humble opinion.

I have an idea...

The only thing in and around the hp bar would be the players name. The spectator could hover over the players bar with their mouse cursor and a small list would pop up containing the players weapons and items. This would keep the interface clean and uncluttered.

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERN View Post
    I think it need show the player HP in NUMBERS too, to extremely precision.
    That's a good idea.

The only thing in and around the hp bar would be the players name and the hp in numbers.