Internet Explorer may not be fully supported. The CSP Team recommends you to download FireFox or Google Chrome. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bad recoil

Contributor/Tester
    Funny thread there on steampowered but there are 83 pages of talking and nobody actually made any research as far as i know.

If this is a game issue it would be only on one of the games (cs1.6 OR css OR csp) and csp is most likelly to NOT have this issue as the recoil code is 100% customcoded and diffirent than 1.6 OR css.

It could be (as they say in your steampowered thred) a hardware issue but it would appear just in one of the games and the odds are reaaaaaly small for such a thing to happen. If it is hardware then I'd blame the CPU instructions (i.e. mmx, sse etc.).

Again IF this issue is true then NOT having the horizontal recoil is the problem, not the other way around.

The good old 1.6 is working diffirent on dual/singlecore cpus, it works (shoots, moves etc.) slower on fps other than 100 and the wall shot decals are as far as i know CLIENTSIDED which means that even if you manage to find a pattern to follow to get the no-horizontal-recoil thingy you will not gain any advantage.
    In short, 1.6 is full of bugs and it works best on constant 100 fps.

P.S.
    This sharp screen shaking was the most annoying thing in 1.6 since it came out. I loved how it was smooth in 1.5.
    Last edited by free; 12-14-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: post scriptum
    Niedoświadczeni nazywali kulturą to, co było częścią ich zniewolenia
    ~Anonymous

Naród, który nie szanuje swojej przeszłości, nie zasługuje na szacunek teraźniejszości i nie ma prawa do przyszłości.
    ~Józef Piłsudski

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Funny thread there on steampowered but there are 83 pages of talking and nobody actually made any research as far as i know.

If this is a game issue it would be only on one of the games (cs1.6 OR css OR csp) and csp is most likelly to NOT have this issue as the recoil code is 100% customcoded and diffirent than 1.6 OR css.

It could be (as they say in your steampowered thred) a hardware issue but it would appear just in one of the games and the odds are reaaaaaly small for such a thing to happen. If it is hardware then I'd blame the CPU instructions (i.e. mmx, sse etc.).

Again IF this issue is true then NOT having the horizontal recoil is the problem, not the other way around.

The good old 1.6 is working diffirent on dual/singlecore cpus, it works (shoots, moves etc.) slower on fps other than 100 and the wall shot decals are as far as i know CLIENTSIDED which means that even if you manage to find a pattern to follow to get the no-horizontal-recoil thingy you will not gain any advantage.
    In short, 1.6 is full of bugs and it works best on constant 100 fps.

P.S.
    This sharp screen shaking was the most annoying thing in 1.6 since it came out. I loved how it was smooth in 1.5.
    ?like i said: the effects are just not at the right spot? the bullets flew elsewhere?
    men1kmati: 'when the fuck is this shit coming out...'
    CREDiBLE: 'I felt exactly the same way some weeks ago. Try Dulcolax, mate. Worked for me.'

Contributor/Tester
    I did some research on the 1.6 and these are the conclusions.

Hardware test
    • Switching between cpus (Core2Duo, Athlon64 3000+, Pentium 4, Pentium 3) didn't result in this exploit to happen.
    • Switching between gpus (nv quatro n140 @ pci-e, gf6800 gt@agp8, gf4 ti4800@agp4) didn't result in this exploit to happen.
    • Switching between rams (512 DDR1 @ 266, 2x512 DDR1 @ 333, 1x1024 DDR1 @ 266, 2x1024 DDR2 @ 333) didn't result in this exploit to happen.
    • Switching between mobos, hdds or power supplies is just pointless so i didn't do it.

I performed the tests on the following OS'es: default Windows XP sp2, custom build of Windows XP sp3, Windows 7 32bit.

I wanted to test it on my GF2 mx440 but it fried as its cooler wasn't working. R.I.P.

Configuration test
    • 1.6 operates slower thus shoots with less recoil (bigger gaps between shots) on fps_max 20 and on fps_max 300 (constand 300 fps).
    • Switching cl_lw did not make any effect in both dedicated servers and on a listen server hosted on the test machine
    • Switching cl_lc did not make any effect in both dedicated servers and on a listen server hosted on the test machine
    • Switching interpolation (interp) off resulted in shot sprites to not dissapear after shots and the reload sound/animation to be not pressend if clip ends during firefights.
    • Switching thread priority to both above and below normal makes my copy of 1.6 operate as if on fps diffirent than 100 (slower)
    • Switching between using one core and two cores (only cpu0 and only cpu1) doesn't make any effect.

Notice:
    On a listenserver hosted on my lenovo t61 (test machine) first clip shot right after the freezetime ended resulted in a straight line for 5 to 8 shots. Any other bullet was affected by the horizontal recoil. Delayed shooting of the first clip acted as normal (had horizontal-recoil).
    This happend in 3 out of 30 tests thus it might be random luck.
    ~Anonymous

Naród, który nie szanuje swojej przeszłości, nie zasługuje na szacunek teraźniejszości i nie ma prawa do przyszłości.
    ~Józef Piłsudski

.free, you do far too much for us nice find.

deagle and m4 have no recoil o0
    One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic

Contributor/Tester
    When? How? On which game? What computer specs?
    ~Anonymous

~Józef Piłsudski

now
    through shooting with +attack (binded on mouse1)
    csp
    1337machine
    One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic

Contributor/Tester
    If you don't have any recoil then it is most possibly a bug and you should contact the devs so it gets fixed in1.05. If you are right about your issue and you dont have any recoil at all this could be a major bug in their code.

It is most likely to be a hardware/driver issue thats why i asked about your computer.
    ~Anonymous

~Józef Piłsudski