I am back. This is the bug list compilation, from the bug section. I will respond to each one.
- Movement is not true to 1.6.
Ported HL1 ducking code, duck/unduck and hop is the same as 1.6 now. Air strafing should also be back to how 1.6 was doing it.
- Flashbangs are inconsistent.
This is a bit vague, but for spectating players we are aware of the inconsistencies from 1.04.
- Sometimes it may appear as though a player is throwing a grenade when in fact they have their gun out (also present in CS:S).
This is the ghetto nade/animation code from EP1, we will test this to make sure its eliminated on OB with our new models.
- When spectating a player, they appear jittery/laggy when in fact they are not.
- Low rates result in high amounts of choke.
I experienced this myself, it seems ok with the new netcode. Wide testing will provide more feedback.
- Grenades are too large.
The nades in 1.04 begin to draw themselves immediately, so they appear "in your eyes". What we discovered is cs1.6 has a 100ms delay before the nade begins to render itself, which is now in 1.05. As far as the nades themselves this is dropped straight down at your feet in both games (taken @ 800x600 resolution, NO SCALING):
- When you walk up/down a ladder they often still make a noise instead of being silent.
Hitting +walk does not affect ladder movement in cs.
- The ladder sound is repeated 2-3 times when you climb/descend one.
Yes, if you are moving, it loops the sound.
- Players don't get slowed down as much as they do in 1.6 when they are shot.
I have perfectly mimicked this system now from 1.6.
- When scoped in with an AWP, the weapon select menus appear beneath the scope texture.
- Crosshairs do not scale correctly with increase in resolution .
I have seen the comparison images. The discrepancy here is like 4-5 pixels, I will look into it and the ATI lazy X-hair this weekend.
- The reloading animation continues into the new round when a round finishes.
- The AWP Scope does not reset on a new round.
Both of these issues had the same fix, we were missing a Deploy() call for players who survive the round. It now resets the FOV, and interrupts animations now, as it should.
- Players are not able to throw two consecutive flashbangs as fast as they are able to in 1.6.
This is perfectly ported now.
- USP’s crosshair isn’t enlarged after applying silencer.
Don't use dynamic crosshair, noob!.......................................jk I added this too. JUST BECAUSE, so there
- Bullets penetrate large boxes more effectively than they do in 1.6.
We can tweak this, get me hard numbers/analysis.
- There are not sufficient clues to indicate that you have hit your enemy.
Between the tagging, our new flinch animations and the new particle system for blood, there will be no mistaking a hit even all the way down Long A or outside on nuke.
- Walking over a planted bomb causes the player to glitch.
Fixed to allow all players including the planter to stand on the bomb.
- It is not possible to buy for a second or two after leaving the buy zone, as in 1.6
I tried to emulate this, but its not simple as it involves server authorization. I'm not saying never, but its not life and death and it would require a good amount of rewriting that could cause problems.
- On a ladder you can't hit crouch when you get to the top and immediately have your feet on the ground. Instead you have to float into the air.
- Dropping the bomb while crouched forces the player to stand.
- Grenades clip on dropped weapons.
- Players can't open doors with the bomb or a weapon.
- In 1.6 if you stand on the bomb it raises the player a couple of units higher, this doesn't happen in CSP (intentional)?
EDIT: Fixed to allow all players including the planter to stand on the bomb.
- The weapon pickup area is too small.
- AK and Deagle seem quite inconsistent. Needs testing to be confirmed.
The weapons are always a WIP. We will always find more tweaks and whatnot for them.
- Accuracy of the Glock is not affected by ladders.
.... what source pubber posted this. seriously.
- Players are unable to shoot through 2 walls with the AWP as in 1.6.
Yes it can, but the map geometry in Source is a lot more complex. We will continue tweaking this until its consistent with 1.6, even though I predict this being quite a challenge since the spamming in 1.6 is really buggy/unpredictable. But thats why we're here.
- Players move at max speed with an AWP when they don't quick switch just after shooting.
This and about 5 other key thing from the 1.6 AWP are now fully implemented. It doesn't get more 1.6 then our current implementation of the AWP.
- Crouching and scoping with an AWP at the same time causes the player’s screen to glitch.
This was a small error in prediction, I have resolved it.
- The FAMAS burst fire mode is incorrectly using the same recoil as the FAMAS in automatic.
- Weapons do not drop consistently.
They do for me? When does the inconsistency happen? Clarify.
- Weapon ammunition display is clamped at 99.
This is a visual thing, the rest of your bullets are still there don't worry. Use some of that PRO skill to remember.
- Flashbangs last too long on ATI cards (-dxlevel 81 is a temporary fix).
- Smokes are see through on NVIDIA cards when Ambient Occlusion is on in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Yea. We will do our best on these, if its not an engine bug, we will fix it.
- Players are able to see through smokes while standing in the middle of them.
- Animations on items are not smooth, e.g.; throwing a grenade may appear to "stutter" mid air.
The projectile flight should be better now.
- The CVAR "r_lod" is defaulted to -1, it should be 0 (disabled). Alternatively the LOD should be increased.
Some people's computers NEED LOD. If your rig can handle it, then go ahead and turn it off.
- No noticeably audible defuse sound.
Yes there is? I can make it a little louder.
- Sometimes footsteps sound as if they are coming from the wrong direction.
I have never experienced this, if someone can reproduce it reliably, let me know.
- Disabling wall impact sounds also disables the "dink" headshot sound.
Looking into this.
- Quick switching to your knife instantly after shooting an AWP will cancel the AWP shot sound.
Unable to reproduce no matter how fast I do this. Are your scripting it? You shouldn't use scripts anyway.
- Players should be able to double-bind an action using the GUI. Also changing a key in the GUI does not unbind the original (engine bug/feature - might be different on OBox).
For now this is possible through cfg's. And very easy to do.
- Hostname is not shown on the Scoreboard.
- While spectating a teammate, if they get flashed, the spectator does not.
This is related to the spectator code mentioned above. This should be better in OB.
- Players are unable to use double spaces in their names.
If it was up to me, it would be letters and numbers only, ASCII strict. I love all my european and asian friends, but theres a reason email addresses don't contain special characters. All people do with Unicode is abuse it.
- Spectate camera is unable to clip through walls.
sv_specnoclip 0/1 It's up the admins, but its there and works.
- It is not possible to scroll through the chat box as in CS:S.
The chat box only existed on OB. They actually ported it into CS:S last minute. We now have this, and it filters for radio commands and other neat stuff too. Plus alba made it look cool.
- The muzzle flash is not in sync with the actual rate of fire.
Each fire event makes a muzzle flash based on the rate of fire.
- Changing freezetime mid-round causes the players to be locked in place for the amount of extra time added to the original freezetime.
I'll look into it.
- You cannot check the scoreboard before choosing a team.
- When viewing somebody’s "game info" in Steam it does not add kills to the players score (only shows plants/defuses).
Should be fixed on OB.
- The damage indicators appear as a white wireframes for several players.
These were rewitten specifically to fix this.
- Pressing ESC while in the buy menu will not exit the buy menu.
The 1.6 text menus, which ours are emulating, are the same way.
- Sprays don't show while in freezetime.
Does this really matter?
- Console size is too big at lower resolutions.
The console window can be adjusted to any size you want?
- The red dot in the 1.6 AWP scope is misaligned by 1-2px.
Visual tweak, alba's on it.
- 1.3 Death Notifications revert back to default when restarting the game.
The CVAR was missing its ARCHIVE flag. Fixed.
- Dropped items bounce off walls.
Yes they do. Having a weapon or the bomb 97% inside a wall is stupid.
- When dropping a weapon it does not drop from the centre of the model.
Yes it does. Player->EyePosition()
- The CVAR "cl_invertweapondrop" doesn't work.
Yea, for now this is removed. cs 1.6 style wins in this case.
- Disabling chat click sound doesn't disable the clicks for server messages (joins, leaves etc).
You can filter these with the new chat box I believe, so this should be good.
- Radio commands in chat are as follows: “(RADIO) NICKNAME:”, but should appear as “NICKNAME (RADIO):”
::Rolls Eyes:: Ok, fixed..
- Anti-aliased font shadows and/or outlines are broken on some resolutions.
Yea the engines text AA has some issues, we are working on it.
- The console commands “mp_autoteambalance, mp_autokick, mp_tkpunish” and “mp_limitteams” need to fixed/added.
I added limit teams, I will do more when I have time. These are easily done with plugins.
- Having multiple items in a buy bind doesn't work correctly. An alias must be used to get this to work correctly.
It's literally been like 7 years since I made a buy script, someone explain this to me in more detail and I'll look into it. You should buy like a man though.
- The round timer goes red at the beginning of the round for a split second.
Really? I'm honestly not that concerned about this.
- If you get shot while shooting someone you get a double muzzle flash (one of to the left, one coming from the gun itself).
This is annoying and happens on occasion. I am actively trying to hunt this down. I'll find it.
- Disconnecting from a server then reconnecting as setinfo name "" makes the player un-mutable.
We had this fixed on EP1 but then ported to OB where its impossible, so this is extra fixed.
- Text can expand outside of the console.
How? This might be an engine thing.
- “Net_graphheight” resets to 64 every time you restart the game.
- Spectating while the server changes level causes the spectator’s game to crash.
Unable to replicate this, but I'll check everything anyway.
- Holding a directional key as you die makes the camera continue to track the player who killed you, allowing you to ghost.
- Changing your name before joining a team spams the player with "Your name will change next round" but won't actually change your name.
- Pressing crouch just as you die will keep the deathcam locked on your body, allows players to ghost that area of the map where they died.
If theres anything not listed here that you noticed, go ahead and post it too.